Monday, March 11, 2013

End of the World Half Marathon - December 21, 2012

The End of the World Marathon and Half Marathon took place in Humble, Texas and was mostly a trail race.  There was also a Day After the End of the World Marathon on the following day, but I only participated in the End of the World race.




I loved everything about this race.  It's only once in a life-time you get to run a Half Marathon on the  day the Mayans predicted the world would end.  The course was varied terrain and almost completely trail.  It was a little rough at times and I did fall once or twice but it was honestly fantastic and everyone was having a great time.



This is by far the largest, heaviest and most unique race medal I have ever earned!  It is 6 inch Mayan medal that weighs over a pound.  Participants also received an embroidered duffle bag, tech hat, a Mayan squeezie and one of the coolest race tech shirts I have ever seen.


1 comment: